As you slowly return to re-opening your business, you want to make sure your offices are ready for your employees and clients. We know proper hygiene, social distancing and wearing face masks can prevent the spread of COVID-19, but business owners should enforce routine cleaning and disinfection services to guarantee a safe work environment.
Your employees and clients mental and physical health should be a top priority, and you should to take few things under consideration when re-opening your business. Spongies Cleaners, LLC. prepared a list to help you protect your employees and your customers in these uncertain times.
Increase cleaning routine
- Frequent disinfection and cleaning of high traffic touched surface areas such as: doorknobs, light switches, phones, desks, keyboards, phones, tables, countertops, handles, appliances, faucets, and sinks.
- Review with your commercial cleaning service of cleaning policies, increase cleaning frequency, and make sure to include low traffic touched surfaces such as drawers and trash cans to your cleaning schedule.
- Make sure your community tools are disinfected frequently such as whiteboard markers, remote controls, and pens.
- Provide hand sanitizers and disinfectant wipes at common areas.
- Disinfect offices, conference rooms, breakroom, lobbies, and restrooms.
- Make sure you use cleaning products that are EPA approved.
Social Distancing Guidelines
- Encourage virtual meetings.
- When employees start working again in offices, make sure you enforce weekly rotations, so fewer people work in offices.
- Use foot traffic direction to ensure safe distance.
- Offer sanitizing stations throughout the workplace at key locations.
- Make sure conference rooms have seating with 6 feet distance between them.
- Small rooms should be converted to single occupancy rooms.
- Provide a specific kitchen use protocol.
- Add support panel toppers or supported surface screens.
- Frequently wash your hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Wear a face mask
- Cover cough and sneezes and make sure to disinfect immediately your surroundings
- Disinfect high traffic touched areas.
Hopefully, this list gives you an idea of how to start when re-opening your office space for your employees and customers. This way you will ensure that your facility is safe, and stress levels are manageable. However, if you are unsure how to start, if you are doing it right, or you are unsure your current cleaning service is taking the right steps for a clean and safe environment, you can always call Spongies Cleaners, LLC. to take on the task, so your only headache is to deal with growing your business!